A Government Agency in Downtown Phoenix is seeking an experienced and multi-faceted Administrative Assistant with knowledge of OSHA standards and procedures to fill a pivotal role within their team. The ideal candidate is able to assist with administrative duties amongst multiple stakeholders within the Agency and will exhibit professional communication both verbally and in writing with internal staff, director level and middle management as well as external customers.
This is a long-term temporary position lasting at least 6 months with the potential for extension based on performance.
- The salary is $13.00/hr
- Working Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Location: Phoenix, AZ 85007
This position is responsible for performing Administrative Assistant duties for the Compliance sections for the Agency as well as the division Director. The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for: performing data entry; handling telephone calls; preparing and creating correspondence and citation/information packets; tracking correspondence, case files, and past due inspections as well as handle filing duties for the compliance sections.Knowledge:
- The Occupational Safety and Health Act and Standards.
- Ability to learn the Agency's Division Sections, their personnel and how they function.
- Grammar, spelling, punctuation, and sentence structure.
- OIS computer operations, data entry procedures and formatting.
- Appropriate business letter formatting.
- Ability to learn Agency forms, operations manuals purpose and functions.
- Windows, Google Suite, MS Word, and MS Excel.
- OIS computer operations.
- Word processing.
- Typing, editing, and formatting.
- Time management.
- Answering telephones in a professional manner and directing calls to the appropriate sections.
- Communicate well verbally and written.
- Deal with irate/difficult customers.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relations with others.
- Recognize and engage those with different backgrounds, characteristics, and perspectives to bridge gaps in understanding of differing viewpoints, as well as ensuring persons with diverse perspectives are given the opportunity to collaborate and provide input in the direction making process.
- Working with large numbers and record accurately.
- 2 Years Administrative Assistant Experience
- Experience with OSHA Standards
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.