Randstad is looking for a competent Import Coordinator to oversee and facilitate the supply chain operations for our client in Columbia, MD. You will be the one to coordinate personnel and processes to achieve the effective distribution of goods.
A great asset for a Import Coordinator is their communication and negotiation skills. They are also well-versed in supply management principles and practices. The ideal candidate will prior experience handling international freight both by ocean and air.
- Import and export shipping knowledge - international and domestic freight
- Coordinate and monitor supply chain operations
- Ensure premises, assets and communication ways are used effectively
- Utilize logistics to optimize procedures
- Recruit and coordinate logistics staff (e.g. truck drivers) according to availabilities and requirements
- Supervise orders and arrange stocking of raw materials and equipment to ensure they meet needs
- Communicate with suppliers, retailers, customers etc. to achieve profitable deals and mutual satisfaction
- Plan and track the shipment of final products according to customer requirements
- Prepare accurate reports for upper management
- import (3 years of experience is required)
- ocean and air (2 years of experience is required)
- logistics (3 years of experience is required)
- customs (2 years of experience is preferred)
- Vendor Management
- Years of experience: 3 years
- Experience level:Experienced
Working hours: 8 AM - 4 PM
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.