Local healthcare organization is currently searching for an experienced and friendly Medical Records Clerk to join their administrative team. You will be responsible for a variety of tasks including collecting patient information, issuing medical files, filing medical records, and processing patient admissions and discharge papers.
The successful candidate will have in-depth knowledge of medical terminology, processes, and administrative duties. To excel in this position, you should also demonstrate excellent communication and organizational skill
- Gather patient demographic and personal information.
- Issue medical files to persons and agencies according to laws and regulations.
- Help with departmental audits and investigations.
- Distribute medical charts to the appropriate departments of the hospital.
- Maintain quality and accurate records by following hospital procedures.
- Ensure patient charts, paperwork and reports are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Make sure all medical records are protected and kept confidential.
- File all patients' medical records and information.
- Supply the nursing department with the appropriate documents and forms.
- Complete clerical duties including answering phones, responding to emails, and processing patient admission and discharge records.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Medical Software (2 years of experience is preferred)
- Basic Medical Terminology (2 years of experience is required)
- Patient Care Coordination (2 years of experience is preferred)
- Basic Computer Skills
- Years of experience: 3 years
- Experience level:Entry Level
Working hours: 8 AM - 5 PM
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.