Awesome opportunity with large pharmaceutical distribution company! This position is PART-TIME; 3 days per week; Sunday, Monday, Friday.
The Pharmacy Tech will be working in a high volume automated refill setting and will be responsible for preparing, packaging, and labeling of medication for shipment or delivery. This will be strictly production enviroment. The Pharm Tech will manually fill prescription vials with prescribed tablets, read computer generated screens to find indicated merchandise on labeled shelves, verify size and strength and perform basic mathematical reasoning to either count or calculate appropriate number of units needed to fill prescriptions. The will also replenish medication in automated dispensing cells to full capacity; opening large quantities of bottles and cases of product, Use of handheld scanner unit to scan barcodes of product, entering expiration and lot information into computer application.
The candidate must maintains high level of focus to avoid cross contamination and performs quality assurance check for expired and/or damaged product.
- Accurately and efficiently fill prescription requests in a high volume automated refill setting.
- Under the supervision of a Pharmacist, the Pharmacy Technician prepares, packages, and distributes medications in a fast-paced production environment.
- Maintains continuous, consistent work flow in order to meet daily production goals; and has the ability to work productively either independently or as a team with acute attention to detail while performing repetitive tasks.
- Manually fill prescription vials with prescribed tablets and capsules
- Perform basic mathematical reasoning to either count or calculate appropriate number of units needed to fill prescriptions.
- Replenish medication in automated dispensing cells to full capacity; opening large quantities of bottles and cases of product
- Requires audits of cell inventory, counting product at primary and secondary bin locations.
The essential functions of this role include:
- Filling (1 year of experience is preferred)
- Labeling/Packaging (1 year of experience is preferred)
- Basic Pharmacy Math
- Medication Inventory (1 year of experience is preferred)
- Years of experience: 2 years
- Experience level:Experienced
Working hours: 2 PM - 10:30 PM
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance:
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.