Our client, a long term care facility in the Exeter area is looking for a Staff Scheduler to start with them as soon as possible. This role is estatimated to be 2-3 months and you will work in the administative area of the building, away from the acutal residents.If you have experience with being a staff scheduler and/or solid administrative skills, we want to hear from you! This role pays $16/hr to $20/hr depending on experience. Please email Georgia.Demers@randstadusa.com or call Georgia at 603-836-0349. The Staff Scheduler is a critical position that generates, manages and updates master schedules while making adjustments as needed according to census fluctuations, call-ins, pre-planned leaves of absences, to schedule nursing staff on all shifts in accordance with established staffing ratios by units and shifts under the direction of the Director of Nursing. Open, reliable communication with employees is a key component of this position. REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: • Knowledge of office procedures equivalent to the completion of a one-year certificate from college or technical school or; three to five years related nursing office / secretarial experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. • Must have solid working experience with electronic payroll software systems and Microsoft Office applications • Good organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail. Good interpersonal relations with proven communication skills, both verbal and written. • Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with decision-making capability. • Highly resourceful team-player, with the capability to also be extremely effective independently. • 1-2 years’ experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
Generates, maintains and updates nursing department’s block master schedules while making adjustments as
needed according to Earned Time Requests, FMLA, pre-planned leaves of absence, call-outs, etc.
• Meets with Director of Nursing or his/her designee on a daily basis to discuss any scheduling concerns; provides
Director of Nursing with daily absenteeism, late punches and shortage reports.
• Assesses time off requests and compares with scheduling needs. Reviews time off requests with Director of
Nursing or his/her designee for final approval.
• Fills staff vacancies in advance to ensure adequate coverage for all shifts while balancing the facility’s staffing
needs and the staff scheduling preferences; arranges for per diem and agency personnel coverage.
• Minimizes avoidable premium pay (overtime) through effective scheduling and timekeeping.
• Prepares daily staffing sheets for each shift; updates Director of Nursing on open positions that need to be
- Staff Scheduler (2 years of experience is required)
- Medical Secretary Duties
- Front Desk Coordination
- Receptionist Duties
- Word Processing
- Appointment Scheduling
- Administrative Duties (2 years of experience is required)
- Healthcare Experience (2 years of experience is required)
- Years of experience: 3 years
- Experience level:Experienced
Working hours: 8 AM - 5 PM
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.