- Perform all required safety procedures applicable to product manufacture in the chemical processing units.
- Perform inspections and checklists for pollution control devices.
- Perform all tasks that are required to operate the chemical processing unit at the facility.
- Demonstrate computer skills to access plant information, monitor email, and conduct production materials management responsibilities.
- Operate all production chemical processing equipment including reactors, feeders, heat exchangers, piping networks, hoses, pumps, valves, instruments, vessels, scales, tanks, scrubbers, meters, etc.
- Conduct DCS operation to manipulate equipment controlled by the DCS.
- Maintain appropriate batch and shift paper work.
- Maintain a clean and organized workplace meeting the housekeeping standard established by the Operations Manager.
- Follow the direction of the shift coordinator in a professional and cordial manner.
- Prepare Work Orders for maintenance on the unit as needed as well as preparing the equipment for maintenance.
- Minimize waste generation; follow waste handing guidelines as specified in plant procedures.
- Report any process upset, spill, injury, chemical release, security event, etc.
- Safely operate fork trucks and the yard tractor with box and tank trailers.
- Perform minor maintenance activities on production equipment as directed by the Operations Manager.
- Represent Solvay Inc. through daily actions that reinforce the corporate values; demonstrating personal commitment to a safe, healthy and environmentally sound workplace for employees.
Work with engineers, production specialists, quality assurance technicians, distribution technicians, as well as other plant personnel to safely and efficiently accomplish plant responsibilities
- Knowledge of chemical processing equipment including reactors, feeders, heat exchangers, piping networks, hoses, pumps, valves, instruments, vessels, scales, tanks, scrubbers, meters, etc.
- Operate fork trucks and drive yard tractor to manipulate box and tank trailers about the plant site.
- Capable of beginner MS WORD, MS EXCEL, MS ACCESS, MS POWER POINT, MS OUTLOOK.
- Perform all MMRP and CMMS transactions required to manage production schedules, modify inventory transactions.
- Prepare Work Orders as required to maintain the operating units.
- Perform minor service maintenance on equipment as defined by the Operation Manager.
- Perform troubleshooting abilities to properly identify causes of production equipment and process upsets.
- Perform DCS navigation; DCS trouble shooting, DCS operation such that the process can be safely and efficiently controlled.
- Demonstrate basic PC skills required for electronic communications, maintenance work orders, incident/accident reporting, and data retrieval (MSDS).
- Ability to efficiently and accurately communicate and work with peers, superiors, engineers, and other unit personnel, and in a constructive manner.
- Ability to effectively train peers on all aspects of the Production Technician job responsibilities.
- Cross train in QA lab for level V1 (Required for selected Operators )
Knowledge of the 49 CFR Hazardous Material Regulations manual
computer literate in Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Outlook. Perform all MMRP and CMMS transactions
The essential functions of this role include:
- wearing steel toe shoes
- working in a non-temperature controlled environment
- manual lifting up to 50lbs
- standing for 12 hours at one time
- working up to 12 hrs of overtime per week
- working weekends
- Moving Material
- Blueprint Reading
- Time Management
- Basic Computer Skills
- Years of experience: 2 years
- Experience level:Experienced
Working hours: 7 AM - 7 PM
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.