A Government Agency with the State of Arizona located in Downtown Phoenix is seeking an experienced Accounting Specialist to join their team for a temporary project. The ideal candidate is an independent worker able to implement direction with little supervision and is comfortable with contract work with a Government agency. This is a long-term temporary position lasting approximately 3 months.
- The salary is $17.22/hr
- Working Hours are Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 5:30pm
- Location: Phoenix, AZ 85007
- Position will be in office. Masks will be provided, there are hand sanitizer stations. Wipes will be provided to wipe down stations. Social distancing is practiced.
The Accounting Specialist 1 is responsible for reviewing, analyzing and verifying vendor and provider statements and invoices, employee travel claims and payroll documents, and creating the fiscal transaction utilizing the applicable automated accounting system.
- Researches unresolved financial documents and responses to vendor, traveler, client and employee inquiries.
- Gathers and compiles financial data for reports.
- Consults with the supervisor presenting and resolving complex transactions.
- Applies accounting principles and practices of governmental accounting while exercising discretion and independent judgment within the Administration's established practices.
- Financial Analysis
- Fixed Assets
- Data Entry
- Microsoft Office
- Google for Business Suite
- 1-2 Years of Accounting Specialist Experience
- Working knowledge of GAAP
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.