Do you have experience in dispatch, or even better port dispatch? Do you enjoy strategizing and mapping routes for maximum execution? If you said yes to these then we are looking for you! We are looking for that person that can be responsible to maintain customer service levels, responsible for ensure profitability, safety, management and equipment utilization. The dispatcher needs to handle situations with professionalism, be customer focused, and drive for results. Your key operational role and responsibilities by time allocation estimate will look like this: • Dispatch including Resource Management/Equipment and Driver - 55% • Load Planning - 30% • Post-Dispatch Management (i.e. Delivery Issues etc.) – 10% • Miscellaneous – 5%
• Ensure customer, driver and company needs are met in a timely manner.
• Optimize on-time delivery at the lowest operating cost.
• Analyze available equipment, drivers and loads.
• Arrange pickup and delivery details and manage the route stop order for loading and unloading trucks.
• Advise Harbor coordinator on detentions, loading and un-loading, re-consignments, over-weights and
OS&D, to resolve customer challenges.
• Respond quickly and efficiently to changing conditions, load needs.
• Evaluate the operation to promote cost-efficient service and make recommendations for Improvements.
• Other duties as assigned.
- Customer Service (3 years of experience is preferred)
- Dispatch (2 years of experience is required)
- communication skills
- Microsoft Office (2 years of experience is required)
- Years of experience: 2 years
- Experience level:Experienced
Working hours: 7 AM - 4 PM
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance:
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.