The import clerk's main task is to provide efficient delivery logistics through data management. They fill out import documentation, compile carrier and route assignments, compute international fees for each shipment, and keep track of shipment payments and quotas. Much of this work is done using automated systems that can identify shipments, collect data, and register packages with government agencies. The import clerk has a wide range of duties that deal with each step of the shipping process. They track shipments and communicate with clients about the package's progress. They coordinate shipping with customs agents for clearance on overseas deliveries. Clerks also deal with quotes from prospective shippers and handle claims with insurance companies if any shipment problems happen to occur. International Experience is a MUST HAVE. Please don't apply if you do not have this experience. This position will not exceed 36 hours a week. 3-6 month Contract with potential to be extended.
- Enter SAP purchase orders on customer sales orders
- Track Purchase Orders as produced/shipped
- Provide visibility via Excel spreadsheet of order on-time status
- Report any potential delays surrounding shipments
- Goods Receipt materials upon arrival in US
- Create delivery/goods issue US customer sales orders
- Keep records and files up to date.
- Accept and utilize constructive feedback to improve job plans.
- Communication with outside sources regarding shipments and delays
- Team player – give and receive feedback
- Follows all company policies.
- Works under the guidance of the supervisor to perform and complete the assigned duties in timely manner.
- Attends all training classes that are scheduled for the import clerk.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Microsoft Office
- Years of experience: 3 years
- Experience level:Experienced
Working hours: 8 AM - 3 PM
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.