Randstad is working with a prestigious community-based, community-focused, healthcare and multi-service center in Dorchester to fill a temporary-permanent patient service representative opening. Duties: -Bachelor’s degree preferred. High school diploma or GED required. -A minimum of 1 year experience in a medical/clinical office environment or Health or Dental insurance industry required. -EPIC required -Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills. -Solid computer literacy; ability to multitask, organize and prioritize one’s own work. -Solid understanding of medical insurance terminology. -Fluent in Haitian Creole or Spanish preferred
- Responsible for welcoming all patients by smiling and establishing eye contact with patients.
- Responsible for monitoring the waiting rooms, coordinate with clinical staff to notify patients of any delays.
- Responsible for performing patient Check In functions, incl. registration, insurance verification, collecting required co-pays or other payments, administering the sliding scale discount program, and ‘arriving’ patients for their appointments in the EHR.
- Responsible for explaining to patients/parents/guardians their responsibilities ( i.e. arrival and appointment times, form requirements, payment expectations, late and cancellation policy)
- Responsible for entering accurate patient data, telephone encounters, referrals, forms and prescription requests into the Electronic Health Record (EHR).
- Responsible for assisting patients with completing / collecting pre-visit, consent and other forms; processing patient forms, letters or obtaining prescription request information from patients.
The essential functions of this role include:
- Patient Support
- Customer Service (1 year of experience is required)
- Call Center Support
- EHR/Epic (1 year of experience is required)
- Healthcare System Navigation
- Telephone Etiquette
- Basic Computer Skills
- healthcare experience (1 year of experience is required)
- Years of experience: 1 year
- Experience level:Entry Level
Working hours: 8:30 AM - 5 PM
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.