Randstad has an immediate Practice Assistant opportunity with a prestigious hospital located in the Longwood Medical Area. This is a temporary position paying $17-21/hr. The ideal candidate will have a passion for healthcare and previous administrative experience. If you are interested in this position, please apply directly to this posting.
1) Greets and assists patients when they check in & out of the clinic in a professional manner.
2) Obtains or reviews their demographics & fiscal information
3) Collects Co-Pays, enters payments and closes batch at the end of the day (if required)
4) Prepares necessary documentation for scheduled patient appointments
5) Answers patient’s telephone calls, correctly processing information or answering questions or solving problems.
6) Schedules all appointments including ancillary testing and procedures as needed for coordinated care
7) Communications effectively and in a professional manner with patients regarding wait times
8) Maintains general reception area, ensuring cleanliness and organization.
9) Obtains Insurance referrals and prior authorizations.
- Scheduling Appointments
- Customer Service (1 year of experience is required)
- Basic Medical Terminology
- Years of experience: 0 years
- Experience level:Entry Level
Working hours: 8 AM - 4:30 PM
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.