Our client is the world's leading teaching and research institution. The Ivy League organization has been located in the heart of Silicon Valley since the 1890's. This position is supporting the Residential and Dining Department. The Sr. Buyer is responsible for schedule coordination under the direction of the Senior Contracts Manager to support procurement services by performing complex procurement functions for the acquisition of commodities, equipment, components, and scheduled services in a timely, cost-effective manner, for a diverse clientele, as well as actively managing contracted vendors. Maintain productive client and vendor relationships, and provide excellent customer service to client groups. TYPE: Temporary SHIFT: 8am-5pm SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday LOCATION: Remote (for now) Pay: $40.78-$41.00
- Award and administer purchase requests through completion.
- Review, amend, deny and approve purchases of complex and higher dollar value or of unusual items and/or services.
- Identify potential vendors, prepare RFQ/RFP, conduct site visits, obtain bids, prepare and evaluate bids and negotiate with suppliers.
- Investigate new sources for hard-to-find or specialized facilities equipment and supplies.
- Assist the requesting organization in developing statements of work, identifying sources and in performing overall acquisition planning for the project.
- Resolve contractual issues by interacting with various requesters, suppliers, senior level project managers, educational institutions and government agencies.
- Prepare market and cost analysis reports
- Make recommendations for the selection of supplies and equipment for the department.
- May participate in highly complex contract negotiations.
- Work with various contract types, including, fixed price, time and materials and possibly lump sum.
- attention to detail
- complex purchase orders
- Resolving RFPs
- drafting various contracts
- Years of experience: 5 years
- Experience level:Experienced
Working hours: 8 AM - 5:30 PM
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance:
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.