We are seeking a Buyer/Planner for a contract role here in Farmington, CT. This position will be working at a reputable global manufacturing company and can start as soon as mid February. Ideal candidates will possess SAP and MRP experience in a manufacturing setting. Please apply directly if qualified and interested!
- Responsible for purchasing components, escalation of missing parts as well as planning and controlling components for an assembly line.
- Plan, schedule, and release production/purchase orders for requirements driven by make-to-order and make-to-stock sales/service/spare parts requirements using the SAP business system.
- Create/expedite Purchase orders.
- Review purchases orders and resolve problems related to purchasing.
- Reschedule planned material according to changes and manage price changes.
- Responsible for inventory.
- Set up new parts in business system, create requests for quotes.
- Document all part shortages and parts requiring schedule changes from suppliers.
- Assist Engineering and Spare Parts department in part ordering and identification in special machine orders.
- Resolve issues concerning parts using drawings and other technical data.
- Must have worked in an ERP, preferably SAP.
- Must have worked in MRPs.
- MRP (1 year of experience is preferred)
- SAP (1 year of experience is preferred)
- Inventory (1 year of experience is preferred)
- Purchase Orders (1 year of experience is preferred)
- Vendor Management (1 year of experience is preferred)
- ERP (1 year of experience is preferred)
- Microsoft Office (1 year of experience is preferred)
- Excel (1 year of experience is preferred)
- Access (1 year of experience is preferred)
- Spare Parts Lists (1 year of experience is preferred)
- Years of experience: 0 years
- Experience level:
Working hours: 8 AM - 4 PM
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.