A Government Agency in Downtown Phoenix is searching for two experienced and professional Staff Accountants to join their team. The ideal candidates will have at least 5 years experience within Financial Accounting roles with an emphasis on Accounts Payable and experience with LEAN methodologies.
This is a long term temporary role lasting at least 6 months with potential for extensions based on performance.
Skills and Experience:
- The salary is $24.00 an hour
- Working Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Location: Phoenix, AZ 85007 - remote/WFH
- Client requires candidates to live locally in AZ prior to resume submission.
- 5 Years in Financial Accounting roles, emphasis on Accounts Payable within organizations of $100 million+.
- Able to demonstrate a high level of analytic and problem-solving skills to sift through complex financial transactions and operational data within the Purchase-To-Pay accounting cycle.
- Ability to quickly learn procedures and systems.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in LEAN or other continuous improvement practices.
- Must be able to work remotely.
The Staff Accountant works within the Business and Finance group as part of the Accounts Payable team. Responsibilities include: processing of accounts payable transactions primarily related to purchase requisitions, purchase orders, goods receipts, travel reimbursements and related accounting transaction processing.Knowledge Required/Preferred:
- Excellent knowledge of purchasing, accounts payable and travel reimbursement.
- Tracking of all payments and expenditures, including payroll, purchase orders, invoices, statements, etc. utilizing established procedures and accounting systems.
- Reconciling processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Preparing analyses of accounting transactions and producing periodic reports.
- Exhibited background in high volume financial transactions, familiarity with fund accounting a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and enterprise wide accounting systems. Experience with State accounting systems a plus.
- Accounts Payable (5 years of experience is required)
- Financial Accounting (3 years of experience is required)
- Financial Analysis
- Communication Skills
- Fund Accoouting
- Problem Solving
- Data Analysis
- Years of Experience: 5 years
- Experience level:Experienced
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.