Randstad is currently recruiting for an experienced collections specialist to work for a luxary lighting company in Westbury. This person will be working with an AR team to ensure timely payments by customers. Qualified candidates have 3-4 years of collections experience and a background of working with a high volume of accounts.
- Resolve customer accounts by making collections calls, examining payment terms, payment history and account notes to determine if collection letters need to be sent out on delinquent accounts.
- Review AR aging on assigned accounts and provide past due updates to management by performing reconciliations along with thorough explanations to customer’s account.
- Post customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
- Research charge back claims and verify the validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from portals, sales, trade promotions, customer service departments, and/or customers in a timely manner.
- Prepare, review and email monthly customer statements.
- Prepare research and obtain back up for the issuance of credit memos.
- Research chargeback claims.
- Customer Service
- Data Collection
- Basic Accounts Receivable
- Verbal Communication
- Accounting Coursework
- Basic Software Skills
- Years of experience: 3 years
- Experience level:Experienced
Working hours: 8 AM - 5 PM
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.