Do you have a passion for numbers and are looking to make an immediate impact within an organization? We are seeking an Accountant to assist with the financial component of grants and their related accounting functions This position will work closely with the pre and post grant awards, to include, budget preparation, reconciliations, invoicing, expense analysis, grant close-out and grants record maintenance. Additionally, you will work closely with the Impact Strategy team, assisting in the overall management of sub-grantee awards, to ensure accuracy, accountability, conformity with requirements and participate in sub-grantee monitoring visits. The ideal candidate will assist with the daily operations of the finance department, preparing general ledger reconciliations, budget analysis, journey entries, month-end and year-end close schedules and other fiscal related tasks as assigned.
This is an amazing opportunity to gain experience and to propel your career in the non-profit sector!
- Prepare comprehensive GL reconciliations for income and balance sheet accounts.
- Work with the A/P Specialist to ensure accurate disbursements to all sub-grantees.
- Prepare assigned reconciliations for the month-end and year-end close process.
- Analyze and correct general ledger transactions with appropriate journal entries.
- Perform ad-hoc financial analysis in response to requests or to provide support to other financial staff.
- Prepare annual audit schedules, reports and other general ledger analysis required by auditors.
- Assists in the preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Ensure accounting records are GAAP compliance.
- Assists with the day-to-day general ledger reconciliations and resolve discrepancies.
- Answer accounting and financial questions through research and interpreting electronic accounting data.
- Organize and maintain financial records.
- Prepare accurate and timely financial reports for staff members and donors.
- Microsoft Office
- Effective Communication
- Non-Profit Experience
- Analytical Thinking
- Compliance Requirements
- Government Regulations
- Financial Reporting
- Accounting Coursework
- Basic Accounts Receivable
- Bank Statement Reconciliation
- Accounting Fundamentals
- Time Management
- Organizational Skills
- Customer Service
- Detail Oriented
- Budget Management
- Years of experience: 2 years
- Experience level:Experienced
Working hours: 8:30 AM - 5 PM
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.