Seeking an experienced Staff/Cost Accountant for a permanent opening in Delano. The salary is up to $75k based on applicable experience. The role will be conducting financial analysis with special emphasis on budgeting, forecasting, reporting, direct and overhead cost tracking, estimations and identifying cost containment opportunities. Ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting and at least 3 prior farming cost accounting experience or staff accountant experience. Experience with QuickBooks. and Famous software is preferred. Working knowledge of balance sheets, income statements. Proven analytical and strategic thinking skills. Fundamental understanding of Familiar with farming related concepts, practices and procedures. General knowledge of A/R and A/P and bookkeeping procedures.
· Perform specialized calculations, operations analysis and modeling financial scenarios for internal use, posting and accounting functions as related to new and developed crops and ground accounts.
· Work with Controller to monitor account balances, partial liquidation calculations and farm/ranch reporting; work with Controller to define KPIs used to measure operational performance.
· Assist in preparation of annual budgets
· Reviews and analyzes monthly actuals against budgets and forecasts.
· Conducts and prepare variance analysis with explanations; recommends opportunities and improvements.
· Works with management to improve reporting capabilities from the farms/ranches.
· Assists in month end close process for all farming units and quarterly financials
· May perform monthly analysis for equipment and spray operations.
- GAAP (2 years of experience is required)
- AP/AR (3 years of experience is required)
- agricultural accounting (2 years of experience is required)
- Famous (3 years of experience is preferred)
- balance sheets (3 years of experience is preferred)
- Years of experience: 3 years
- Experience level:Experienced
Working hours: 8 AM - 5 PM
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance:
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.