The Patient Account Representative-Collections provides administrative support to the collctions operations. The representative ensures the timeley receipt of claim payments and minimizes bad debt accrual. Pay rate: $16.25/hour Position: Temporary w/possibility of becoming permanent Location: 100% work from home. Report to Metairie, Louisiana office during the first week of training and to pick up work equipment. Position will then be remote, work-from-home, due to the current state with Covid-19. Please note that this position is typically remote outside of Covid-19. Hours: Training hours will be either 7:30am-4pm or 8am-4:30pm from Monday-Friday. After training, representative can start anywhere between 7am-8am to work an 8 hour shift from Monday-Friday.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify and resolve routine outstanding medical claims
- Handle collections from payors via e-mail and phone calls
- Generate and analyze reports in the identification and resolution of general patient account issues
- Assist in the resolution of outstanding payments from past due accounts
- Ensure timely receipt of claim payments, process payments accordingly, and reconciling all necessary data
- May serve as a point of contact for customers and external vendors in response to inquiries and unresolved issues
- May mentor other staff members
- Previous experience working with payors in medical collections
The essential functions of this role include:
- working in a smoke free environment
- Health Insurance Policies
- Years of experience: 1 year
- Experience level:
Working hours: 8 AM - 5 PM
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad.
EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.