We are looking to add to our fast growing team in Bentonville! The Configuration Technician position is responsible for the accurate, detailed and timely configuration of computer systems, servers, notebooks and providing custom solutions to our client base. This may include both hardware configuration and software installation. A large portion of the position will also include physical labor ie. lifting and moving boxes, un-boxing and re-boxing. The ideal candidate will have experience in the system and software configuration of computer systems and related Microsoft and other operating systems in a production environment as well as have experience building complex racks and servers to include the cabling, labeling, and ability to read and interpret complex work instructions, blueprints, and drawings. Desired schedule for 2nd shift can be somewhat flexible.
- Accurate, efficient and timely configuration of computers, servers, notebooks and related products as requested by the operation
- Customer Service and Technical Support to Customers
- Testing and repair of products and systems via the RMA process
- Parts pulling, serialization and configuration preparation
- Cable management on racks and servers of various sizes and complexities
- Other duties as assigned by the Production Supervisor and/or Manager
The essential functions of this role include:
- working in a smoke free environment
- manual lifting up to 50lbs
- standing for 8 hours at one time
- Basic Computer Skills
- Computer Configuration
- Microsoft Office
- Computer Imaging (1 year of experience is preferred)
- Years of experience: 1 year
- Experience level:Experienced
Working hours: 4 PM - 12 AM
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad.
EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.