A client of ours located in Purchase, NY is looking to add a Staff Accountant to their team of professionals! This company is a leading manufacturer within consumer products! The are looking for someone who can determine account and bank reconciliation issues and whom to work with to resolve it as well as with Accounting Manager on significant/global issues to ensure common understanding and collaboration. The ideal person should also have the ability to prepare journal entries, reconcile general ledger accounts and perform the month end close with minimal supervision. Perform monthly sales tax process and filing with Vertex, handle daily cash tracking, reporting and reconciliations. You will be responsible for working closely with external auditors and assist/support the Finance team in ad hoc reporting and with special projects/initiatives. Proficient with JD Ewards is a must! Please take a look at the details below
- Daily recording and reporting of all cash movement and balances as well as forecasting weekly cash requirements
- Daily funding of bank accounts for clearing checks; prepare wire transfers as needed; clear checks, wires and ACH payments in JDE
- Responsible for ensuring the timely reconciliation of all bank accounts to the GL
- Work with bank contacts to resolve issues and coordinate/prepare documentation, as needed
- Ad-hoc analysis and reporting for parent company for cash and related transaction activity
- Reporting for monthly analysis
- Reporting for annual tax package
- Preparing and posting journal entries and recording monthly and annual accruals
- Prepare and record all required entries for payroll and employee benefit expenses. Reconcile all activity to the General Ledger and work with HR on resolution of issues
- Responsible for the processing (filing and remittance) and detailed accounting of US sales and Canadian GST/PST taxes and input credits.
- JD Edwards (1 year of experience is required)
- ERP (1 year of experience is required)
- GAAP (1 year of experience is required)
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
- Years of experience: 4 years
- Experience level:Experienced
Working hours: 9 AM - 5:30 PM
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad.
EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.