Under the direction of the Supervisor, the Admission Counselor is responsible for ensuring the timely, accurate processing of patient accounts, focusing on the “up front” activities. The Admission Counselor verifies and/or collects required data, assuring its accuracy and integrity. Reviews scheduled visits to determine financial requirements. Obtains appropriate preadmission approvals and precertifications, confirming that third party requirements are met, prior to visit. Identifies cases which might place the institution at financial risk and recommends delay or deferral of non-emergent cases until financial issues can be resolved. Maintains account from time of booking, until the bill is generated and is responsible for ensuring data quality, in order to expedite billing and reimbursement process and minimize financial risk to the institution.
- Verifies and/or collects demographic and financial information on all scheduled visits. Enters/edits data as needed, ensuring accuracy and integrity.
- Contacts insurance companies, managed care plans and outside agencies to verify insurance coverage and benefits. Determines if any pre-admission/pre-visit requirements exist.
- Compiles and submits clinical information required to obtain pre-admission approvals pre-certification. Monitors pending cases to ensure that approvals are obtained prior to visit.
- Recommends delay or deferral for non-emergent cases until financial issues can be resolved.
- Reviews and follows-up on all emergency and unscreened admissions as soon as possible.
- Maintains effective working relationships and communicates regularly with Social Service, Care Coordination
and other departments to update and exchange pertinent account information.
- Performs special projects as assigned.
- Data Entry (1 year of experience is required)
- Billing (1 year of experience is required)
- Healthcare (1 year of experience is required)
- Data Collection (1 year of experience is required)
- Written Communication (1 year of experience is required)
- epic (6 months of experience is preferred)
- Call Center Support (6 months of experience is preferred)
- Patient Support (6 months of experience is required)
- Years of experience: 2 years
- Experience level:Entry Level
Working hours: 8 AM - 4:30 PM
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad.
EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.