Does the idea of an open, challenging and collaborative environment put a smile on your face? The Accounts Receivable (“AR”) Specialist is responsible for payer follow-up on claims. AR specialists are expected to complete work on time as assigned by the Revenue Cycle Manager (“RCM”) Manager. An AR Specialist must comply with applicable laws regarding billing standards and be able to operate in a team-oriented environment that strives to provide superior service to anesthesia providers throughout the country.
- Intermediate level knowledge of medical billing rules, such as coordination of benefits, modifiers, Medicare and Medicaid and understanding of EOBs.
- Basic written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to make decisions in a timely fashion that are sound, accurate and supported by the reasoning and inclusion of appropriate people.
- Must be able to interact well with all kinds of people.
- Must be able to prioritize and accomplish objectives in a timely fashion.
- Follow up on all assigned insurance claims to ensure appropriate reimbursement for our clients.
- Process assigned AR work lists provided by the manager.
- Develop plan to complete work lists by assigned due date.
- Call plans on work lists for claim status.
- Reviews accounts to determine appropriate follow-up action.
- File appeals on claim denials and underpayments as appropriate.
- Recommend accounts to be written off on Adjustment Request.
- Reports address and/or filing rule changes to the manager.
- Check system for missing payments.
- Properly notates patient accounts.
- Review each piece of correspondence to determine specific problems.
- Research patient accounts.
- Take appropriate actions (adjustments, letters, phone insurance, etc.).
- Scan correspondence and index to the proper account.
- Answer telephone according to team requirements.
- Route client calls to the appropriate RCM
- Respond to insurance company claim inquiries.
- Meets daily production goals as assigned by management.
- Accounts Receivable
- Medicare Compliance
- Medical Software
- Claims Processing
- Medical Billing (1 year of experience is required)
- Data Entry (1 year of experience is required)
- Years of experience: 0 years
- Experience level:Experienced
Working hours: 8 AM - 5 PM
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad.
EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.