Our client, a well known and established food manufacturing company in Marlborough, MA is seeking a Packaging and Raw Material Buyer for a Direct Hire/Permanent opportunity.
This person will be responsible for determining what needs to be purchased (including product specifications), sourcing of components, vendor selection and qualification, issuing and evaluating requests for quotation, and purchase order generation ensuring timely delivery to meet the production requirements mandated by the sales-shipping demands of the Company.
The Duties and Responsibilities for this position are as follows:
- Placement of monthly purchase orders for a new manufacturing facility.
- Responsible for order fulfillment, delivery expediting, and order maintenance throughout the life of the orders.
- Responsible for executing the payment process, resolving payment and receipt errors.
- Manage continuity of supply to facilities.
- Centralized point of contact for vendors and manufacturing facilities
- Supports the QA manager and attend vendor plant audits when necessary.
- Drive standardized procurement best practice processes.
- Works to continually improve suppliers' performance.
- Be responsible for the cost-effective purchase and transportation of packaging materials, labels, and related production supplies.
- Be responsible for the accurate maintenance of information concerning cost changes, vendors and lead times.
- Assists with the qualification of new vendors.
- Management of the purchasing assistant and aiding in the development of skills.
Working hours: M-F 8:30a-5:00p
Qualifications for this position are as follows:
-Must have food buying experience.
-Must have a Bachelor's Degree from a four-year college or university.
-3-5 years of related experience or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
-Must be able to multi task and have excellent organizational skills.
-Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required.
-Prior experience negotiating material contracts with food commodity buying.
-Must be able to work well individually as well as part of a team.
If you are interested in this opportunity and would like to submit an application for consideration, please apply today or email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org along with 2-3 professional references.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.