Laboratory Tech Batch Assistant needed in Melville, NY 11747
Duration 4 months, possible to extend and/or go perm
Hours: Standard Business Hours
Assist Chemists in the preparation of formulation and evaluating stability of batches to meet product standards and specifications.
- Calculates amount of ingredients needed for various batch requirements.
- Weighs raw materials as determined by formula requirements for batch preparation.
- Combines and processes weighed ingredients, observing batch throughout manufacturing process.
- Records all notable characteristics. Introduces color adjustments as required.
- Assists in evaluating product stability by submitting samples of experimental products.
- Conducts physical tests on batch samples to insure product adheres to pre-determined specifications.
- Performs other duties as assigned and required.
Working hours: Standard Business Hours
--AS/BS Degree in Chemistry, Science or Biology or high school equivalent.
--Knowledge of metric weights and measures required including balance pH meter, micropulverizers, roller mills, colloid mills, and viscometer.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.