My client is seeking a Lab Technician for its Materials Testing and Research Facility. This position plays a key role supporting Research and Development and Technical Services projects. This position will work closely with Senior Technicians, Technical Services personnel and Research Engineers at this facility.
- Follow all Safety Standards and Policies.
- Perform mortar and concrete testing following ASTM, AASHTO and ACI standard procedures.
- Perform concrete aggregate testing, such as gradations, moisture content and density.
- Operate laboratory equipment to characterize cementitious materials. The equipment includes particle size analyzer, pycnometer, thermogravimetric analyzer, specific surface area analyzer and compression machines, among others
- Assist in servicing, repairing, and calibrating laboratory testing equipment on a timely basis.
- Carry out regular updates to research and technical services test databases and spreadsheets and provide reports or summaries as needed.
- Assist Senior Technicians, Engineers and Managers as required.
- Work under minimal supervision
Working hours: 7 AM - 5 AM
- High school degree. Some college science is a plus.
- Basic Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to acquire ACI Concrete Lab Technician certification
- The position requires bending, standing, sitting, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
Qualifications and 'call to action':
If you are interested and qualify for this position, please apply to our posting at www.randstadusa.com and be sure to attach your resume for consideration. Please allow 2 business days from application submission for review.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.