Are you an experienced administrative assistant looking for a new opportunity to work in the healthcare industry?
We have the job for you.
Randstad is hiring a Sr. Administrative Assistant.
This is a direct hire position.
- Provides high level administrative support under minimal supervision for 6 senior Faculty and their staff, including the Chief of Pathology in the Department of Pathology. The grant portfolio includes federal, non-federal and foundation research grants including a complex, multi-project grant.
- Acts as a departmental Pre-award Team Lead to provide training and direction to other admin staff and/or PIs ensuring institutional and departmental procedures are followed when preparing and submitting research related documents including agreements, protocols, and proposals.
- Submits requisitions for various research expenditures including purchase order requisitions, employee reimbursements, check requests, and travel arrangements following the established institutional policies and procedures.
- Orders office and laboratory supplies. Responsible for working with various institutional departments including Purchasing, Accounts Payable, departmental grant administrators, and lab personnel to track and monitor research expenses, and for resolving discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Responsible for accurately recording and approving time for the lab personnel using the hospital's Kronos time-keeping system, following hospital policies and procedures. Acts as a back-up approver when needed.
- Provides research protocol assistance: prepare and coordinate new and continuing IRB and IACUC protocols for review, signature, and timely approval. Independently submit protocol applications via Insight for approval.
Working hours: 8 AM - 5 PM
- Requires the ability to make decisions, take initiative, and prioritize workload to meet competing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written skills along with strong interpersonal skills are required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work are critical.
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot. Ability to analyze a situation and determine best course of action within established guidelines.
- Understanding of federal cost principles which govern post award activities
- Knowledge of office machines, trouble-shooting problems before placing service calls for fax machines or copier repairs.
- Advanced computer skills
Additional System Skills: Independently navigate several institutional electronic systems as well as those within federal and non-federal sponsor sites which may include: Insight, PeopleSoft Financials, Kronos, eSNAP, etc.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.