The Document Control Specialist ill focus on managing the document flow for the project which involves the redevelopment of this construction company in Flushing, NY. This position calls for an experienced document control and file management professional to further develop a file management system and manage a wide range of project-related documents currently being prepared and circulated by the various parties involved in the project.
??? Receive and process Submittals from Tenants and contractors to and from the Port Authority and maintain the requests via appropriate tracking logs and established document management systems;
Further develop the existing master document filing and retrieval system, while refining document control practices to ensure ease-of-retrieval, clarity on retention, version control and appropriate audit trails;
??? Receive and process Requests for Information (???RFI???) from contractors, project team members or the Port Authority and maintain the requests via appropriate tracking logs and established document management systems;
Maintain accountability for timely submissions and responses to documents, RFIs and project filings;
??? Develop and establish oneself as the team???s expert on document filing requirements and processes;
??? Act as the Project Team???s Security Information Manager (SIM) for the secure handling and distribution of confidential and privileged information;
??? Provide appropriate guidance to users on document control and filing practices to maintain the integrity of the project files;
Working hours: 9 AM - 6 PM
1. Knowledge and experience with e-Builder, Procore or similar database system.
2. Knowledge of Port Authority document control and filing processes.
3. Knowledge of general office management principles.
4. Planning and organizing skills.
5. Ability to prioritize, multi task, and troubleshoot.
6. Computer skills including the ability to operate MS Office, including email, spreadsheet and word-processing software at a highly proficient level
7. Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering document information.
8. Excellent interpersonal skills with effective written, verbal and listening communications skills.
9. High levels of initiative, ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
10. May require knowledge of document control software, process map software, FTP clients, ISO.
11. The ability to build and maintain good working relationships while developing a strong leadership presents.
??? Minimum high school graduation plus some post-secondary business training.
??? 5-8 years in document control, preferably in construction / capital projects.
??? Proven record of delivered results.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.