The Randstad O & A Branch is seeking an experienced Corporate Buyer who is responsible for procurement of inventory products (both stock and non-stock) for assigned segments following established organizational guidelines and procedures. The Buyer supports the Purchasing department supply chain sourcing programs ensuring the best procurement value consistent with cost, quality and service requirements while maintaining excellent supplier relationships.
- Establish and maintain vendor files with all significant details. Perform file maintenance to maintain current records
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills to make decisions with sound judgement while complying with the policies, procedures, and appropriate principles and applicable laws and regulations
- Develop and maintain business relationships with assigned vendors and utilize those relationships to benefit Purchasing and Sales personnel.
- Coordinate with the Purchasing Manager to manage and maintain an assigned inventory investment within desired goals for turns and GMROI
- Exhibit sound and positive interpersonal skills involving interacting, coordinating, negotiation and interfacing with all levels of company personnel, customers and suppliers
- Perform other related duties and required or requested by Purchasing Manager
Working hours: 8 AM - 5 PM
--Strong math, analytical and problem solving skills
--Great attention to details in a high volume purchasing environment
--Expert Proficiency in Microsoft Office-Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
--Must be able to work collaboratively with various departments
--Must be organized and able to multi-task in a busy environment
--Excellent verbal and written communication skills
--Must have willingness and demonstrate a "Can Do" attitude
- College Education preferred with (3+) years purchasing/inventory control experience
- Electrical and/or Construction Industry experience desirable with additional experience in business management
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.