IT Depot Technician
Randstad is seeking an IT Depot Technician in Marlborough, MA for one of its biotechnology clients. This client is a leading developer, manufacturer, and supplier of premium molecular diagnostic products and services that are used to diagnose human diseases, screen donated human blood, and aid in biomedical research. You will work in an atmosphere that is stimulating, innovative, and customer focused.
Under general supervision perform various tasks such as:
- Fulfill Field Service Orders and miscellaneous sales orders
- Confirm faults on parts coming back Field Service.
- Set-up, troubleshoot, test, and repair of computers and peripherals
- Perform assembly of sub-assemblies as required by service demands
- Perform troubleshoot and repair of defective systems. This responsibility includes problem recognition, defect identification, repair and retest
- Perform standard procedures such as documenting and handling non-conforming material, performing material transactions and Engineering Change Order implementation
- Perform system set-up, installation and test of computer assemblies and peripheral devices such as optical drivers and printers, and basic electrical and mechanical inspection
- Perform computer configuration through use of established procedures as required
- Perform troubleshoot and repair of computer assemblies and peripherals, including Material Review Board and field returned units
- Perform test and repair of printed circuit boards and scanners for production and field use as required
- Maintain correct material status and labor reporting through accurate and timely transactions into the Oracle computer systems
- Comply with all work safety rules and regulations
- Perform other related duties as directed
- Available to work weekends when needed
Working hours: 8 AM - 5 PM
- At least 2-3 years of professional experience
- Basic soldering PCB experience a plus
- High school diploma required
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.