This individual will generate quotes, issue purchase orders, update order confirmations and maintain all order reports. The position will need to work closely with other departments and the Manufacturing Planner to ensure that all deliveries meet the required delivery dates.
- Buyer assignments will support purchasing operations with day to day PO placements and data entry, RFQ preparation, change orders, amendments and documentation in a fast paced manufacturing and R&D environment
- Work with Accounts Payable, suppliers and other functional groups to resolve any procurement discrepancies
- Review, expedite and track all open purchase orders to ensure timely arrival of materials supporting the manufacturing and project schedules.
- Should be comfortable contacting suppliers and working through PO issues (cost, quality, scheduled deliveries).
- Coordinate with the Materials Manager to help manage discrepant material returns in support of the DMR/QN process
- Responsible for scheduling, procuring, and monitoring the movement of material through the Alpha, Beta and early production release cycle for specified projects as assigned
- Works closely with project NPI teams and attends meetings as needed to ensure successful completion of projects
- Negotiate compromises as needed between procurement group and R&D & Engineering.
- Assist Receiving Department to resolve supplier shipment discrepancies.
- Reviews supplier order acknowledgements for accuracy and alignment to the delivery requirements.
- Coordinates with Materials Manager supplier issues relating to late deliveries and cost issues.
- Perform other duties as required
Working hours: 7 AM - 4 PM
- Excellent knowledge of procurement and sourcing processes including MRP based activities
- Prior experience participating in the development of capital equipment projects
- Ability to work with cross-functional groups to help identify/resolve key issues - particularly technical operations (New Products)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to write and speak clearly in English
- -Proficiency with Microsoft Office and MS Project
- CPIM certification a plus
- Must be able to effectively coordinate and communicate requirements with suppliers to ensure timely arrival of materials. Should be comfortable with expediting parts to meet manufacturing schedules.
- Knowledge in purchasing basic commodities including machining, sheet metal fab., electronics and hardware.
- Must be familiar with computerized purchasing procurements systems.- SAP preferred.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent or 8 to10 years related experience within procurement, planning or NPI support in a manufacturing environment
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law. San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance: Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.