This position is responsible for the full cycle of AP processing, including recording invoices and statements as they are received, acquiring manager approval of all expenses, issuing payments, and reconciling all related general ledger payable accounts on the balance sheet and income statement. The role involves cultivation of vendor account relationships to facilitate resolution of issues as well as interacting with the accounting team to ensure proper coding of expenses. This position is also responsible for AR invoice processing including recording invoices, calculating and preparing state sales, and excise tax returns.
In this role, you'll be collaborating with an innovative team of people moving exciting projects forward and working to improve systems and processes along the way.
- Recording receipt of a high volume of invoices in the AP module of the accounting system
- Distributing invoices to appropriate executives for authorization
- Ensuring all invoices are returned for processing in a timely manner
- Coding invoices for proper entry to balance sheet or income statement per the annual budget or current Accounting Policies documentation
- Maintaining vendor master file in the accounting system
- Issuing purchase orders and processes receipt of goods invoices
- Issuing payments weekly per CFO approved payment selection report
- Reconciling assigned balance sheets and income statement GL accounts for month end and year end
- Enter accruals and recurring journal entries per closing schedule monthly
- Participating in team environment to prepare EOM & EOY financial statements
Working hours: 8 AM - 5 PM
- Strong customer service skills and a positive, team-oriented attitude
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Must possess the interpersonal, listening and communication skills necessary for effective internal communications (both verbal and written)
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in an accounting role with progressive responsibilities, prefer 5 years' experience
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Business or Accounting
- Previous experience as an AP Accountant in a high volume environment
- Working knowledge of relevant accounting software (QuickBooks Online, Expensify, VBO)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office with proficiency in Word and Excel
- Ability to work independently, prioritize responsibilities, meet deadlines, and work well under pressure
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to email@example.com
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.