Software Engineering Technician
You will be part of an enthusiastic, results-oriented, and dynamic team of Test Engineers and Software Engineers working to design, develop and maintain best-in-class digital mammography products. The ideal candidate will be someone who strives to understand how complex hardware/software systems operate in order to find ways to improve them.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be the point of contact for all system updates to products under development
- Maintain and manage inventory of all systems, accessories, and spare parts
- Provide preventative and reactive maintenance of all systems and accessories, including coordinating with service engineering for the replacement of mechanical and electrical components
- Provide diagramming and analysis of lab layout - systems, accessories, storage, workspaces - and propose and implement changes to enhance tester and developer workflow
- Coordinate install/uninstall of systems
- Create software discs from controlled areas in preparation for formal Verification & Validation (V&V)
- Install system software for ad-hoc, smoke/acceptance, and formal V&V testing
- Perform complete calibration of all systems as required prior to formal V&V cycles
- Initiate and monitor automated test runs, reporting results to the SW/SQA team for analysis
- Communicate all system states and changes, including developing a system/process for broadcast and reference of those changes (e.g. SharePoint site with history of all changes for each system over time)
- Manually execute test cases and reproduce field issues as needed
- Search for software defects and potential improvements, and document defects with clear steps to reproduce
- Troubleshoot and support problems uncovered by manufacturing and field service teams
- Perform complex technical tasks to assist other engineers with software and system design
- Develop and execute test procedures to qualify OS patches and anti-virus software
Working hours: 8 AM - 5 PM
--Good understanding and demonstration of basic engineering and troubleshooting principles
--General computer knowledge, including operating systems, software systems, and networking
--General understanding of computer programming
--Good understanding of the Windows Operating System, especially network configuration and software installation
--Mastery of Microsoft Office applications
--Excellent written and verbal communication skills
??? Bachelor's Degree preferred in Computer Engineering Technology, Electronics Engineering Technology, or other technical or engineering degree, or comparable experience.
??? 1-3 years??? work experience (internships included).
Specialized Knowledge/Additional Details
??? Must occasionally lift and/or move equipment weighing up to 30 pounds.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law. San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance: Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.