We are seeking a Receptionist for an immediate opening in North Charleston. The hours can vary but typically the hours are from 7:00AM - 3:45 PM or 9:00 AM to 6PM depending on the school need. This position will be paid an hourly rate between 14.00 to 16.00/hour depending on education and experience. The need will be approximately 12 weeks.
*This individual would work with students, teachers and family to translate Spanish for testing, conferences and other school enrollment needs.
Serves as an interpreter between teachers, administrators and families during parent/teacher conferences, PTA meetings, school and family events.
* Serves as a translator for written documents between teachers, administrators and families issues such as report cards, teacher's notes to parents, school newsletters, etc.
* Identifies related resources available for families within the community and shares this information as needed with the families at the school.
* Demonstrates and displays warmth, empathy and sensitivity in all contacts with school staff, parents and community representatives utilizing translation skills as needed.
* Answers telephones, routes calls and takes messages as needed using translations skills as needed.
* Serves as the primary contact for visitors to the school.
* Responds to requests for information using translation skills as needed.
* Schedules appointments and any other scheduled events as necessary.
* Types letters, forms and other documents as needed using translation skills.
* Serves as an advocate for children and their families.
* Works as a liaison to support families with school-based initiatives.
* Classifies, sorts and files correspondence and other data.
* Operates office machines such as copiers, computers, and fax machines.
* Attends meetings, training's and professional development as assigned and related to the position.
* Coordinates school visits and appointments for business industry representatives and other community visitors.
* Performs all duties, functions and tasks as delegated by the principal; and
* Performs additional duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Working hours: 7 AM - 6 PM
* High School Diploma or Equivalent
* BA/BS in Business or related field preferred
* Proficiency in written and verbal English and Spanish.
*Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
*Proficient in the use of standard computer applications to include word processing, desktop publishing, and database programs.
*Ability to multitask, excellent telephone etiquette, and ability to deal effectively with the public and all school staff.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Gmail/Google Docs
* 3 years of receptionist or secretarial experience preferred
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.