Our client in Hatfield, PA is currently seeking a Purchasing Assistant to fill a temporary contract position paying $20-$25 hourly, depending on experience and qualifications.
- Identifies and recommends suppliers by investigating potential suppliers, researching parts, equipment, machinery, services and materials availability
- Conducts supplier site visits and evaluates them as to production capability, performance, delivery and other key business criteria. May complete supplier certification as part of a technical and/or quality team
- Purchases parts, equipment and materials by preparing request for quotations and submitting purchase orders with approved suppliers. Issues purchase orders and agreements that accurately reflect price, schedule, terms and conditions as negotiated with suppliers. Maintains accurate lead time for assigned commodities.
- Evaluates bids for standard and non-standard items. Selects suppliers for lower cost items or items of limited scope and complexity and negotiates price, delivery, quality and service. Develops alternate sources of supply by identifying and researching prospective suppliers.
- Monitors and evaluates supplier performance. Advises appropriate personnel of impending supplier failure to fulfill contractual agreements that may delay production or delivery
- Resolves shipment quality discrepancies by mediating supplier/manufacturing issues. Facilitates the resolution of issues by arranging and participating in conferences between suppliers and company personnel
- Negotiates and settles damage claims, rejections, losses return of materials, over-shipments, cancellations and engineering changes with suppliers.
- Provides parts, equipment and materials information by answering question and request. Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends
- Complies with federal, state and aerospace industry regulations; ensures adherence to requirements and advises management on needed actions. Complies with Government/Commercial Practices Manual (GPM/CPM) policies and procedures
Working hours: 8 AM - 5 PM
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management or similar discipline
- Experience and/or exposure to supply chain concepts and methodologies, and manufacturing through internships or training programs
- Possess analytical and technical skills required to understand business practices and recommend proper automation opportunities
- Must have intermediate computer skills and be able to understand of electronic processing
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills for effective interface with all internal and external contacts
If you find your qualifications and skills are a perfect match for our client, please apply to this posting directly.
Your information will be reviewed by a recruiter; however, due to the large volume of resumes we receive, we are not able to respond directly to all applicants. Your resume submission is confidential and your materials will not be presented to a client without your specific consent. For a complete listing of our job openings, please visit us at www.randstadusa.com
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.