Randstad in partnership with a leading biotechnology company located in St. Louis, MO, is now hiring for a Biologist to work in a genome biology team. If you are the selected candidate for this role, you will work with our client in the development of technology that enables farmers to grow more crops by applying biotechnology, genomics and molecular breeding technology to herbicides and seeds.
Our client is at the leading edge of using new technologies to harness the genetic potential of entire crop genomes. Genomics and Reproductive Biology is the organization that provides this capability by reimagining plant breeding through constant innovation and passionate execution. You will work collaboratively with other team members to align strategies for delivery of team goals toward improving breeding methodologies. You operate with general instruction on day to day work, have experience in sterile technique, general molecular biology techniques and plant care.
Responsibilities may include:
- Organizing and tracking experimental data
- Planting, transplanting, and pollinating plants
- Harvesting, shelling and counting seed
- Tissue sampling
- DNA extractions
- Chromosome preparation
- Sequencing and sequence analysis
- Maintaining detailed record keeping and documentation
- Use of various IT tools/ team sites to manage day to day work
Working hours: 8 AM - 5 PM
Required Education and Skills:
- Minimum of College Degree in Biology, Biochemistry, or related natural science required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Comfort and willingness to learn new IT tools and systems
- Experience with DNA extraction and PCR
- Experience growing and caring for plants
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build strong relationships and networks across teams
Desired Education and Skills:
- Experience with project management
- Experience with sterile technique and plant tissue culture
- Experience using a fluorescent microscope
- Experience with cloning
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to email@example.com Relocation cost reimbursement is not available for this role.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.