Randstad in partnership with a Fortune 100 employer in the insurance and financial services industry is hiring an Underwriting Assistant to work at our client's Columbus, OH headquarters. This is an excellent opportunity to build a fulfilling career with our client, who has recently been listed as a Fortune 100 Best Places to Work.
Let's talk about Randstad:
This is an exciting new opportunity with an innovative company who has a proven track record of career growth, talent engagement, and development. It's time for you to be a part of something much bigger and grow in your career. Randstad will provide the tools, development, and opportunities to get you to that next level - to your dream job. Are you ready to start your career with a Fortune 100 company in the insurance and financial services industry? If so, then it's time we chat!
What's your title?
Underwriting Assistant/ Spec Insurance.
This position will provide support to underwriters and brokers/agents for employee benefits at our client, a large Insurance company located in downtown Columbus.
What is your Pay Rate: $16.00-17.00/hr.
What you will be doing:
Accepts and properly classify new policies, renewals and amendments of group insurance and special risk contracts
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Initiates renewal action on enforce group policies and communicates as directed by supervisor.
2. Reviews proposal requests. Requests additional information as needed according to established procedures and recommends rejection of ineligible risks.
3. Reviews requests for traditional and alternate funded proposals and relevant financial reports. Recommends the appropriate alternatives and prepares quotes in accordance with established procedures.
4. Reviews and processes submissions on sold accounts. Recommends approval, declination and any necessary rate adjustment in accordance with established procedures and supervisor approval.
5. Reviews submitted material for proposed benefit revisions on inforce group policies. Calculates rates, summarizes experience for review and recommends action to be taken and communicates as directed by supervisor.
6. Processes the issue of benefit revisions on inforce policies in accordance with established procedures and supervisor's approval.
7. Acquires knowledge of all assigned product line contracts and associated forms.
Working hours: 8 AM - 5 PM
What we're looking for:
Education : Undergraduate studies in business administration, math or insurance. preferred. Participation in technical insurance coursework such as HIAA or LOMA preferred.
Experience : Two years of underwriting or related experience.
Knowledge : Knowledge of group insurance underwriting principles and procedures. Knowledge of plan design and pricing. Knowledge of various funding mechanisms.
Skills/ Competencies : Effective verbal and written communication skills used to interact with all levels of internal and external contacts, such as sales, management, and other underwriting personnel. Ability to recognize problem situations, identify underlying issues, devise alternative solutions, select most appropriate solution and follow through to implementation. Ability to prioritize own work/time. Ability to use Excel, Access and Word. Ability to analyze and interpret statistical and logical data. Ability to make basic decisions involving evaluating data and recommending solutions. Ability to conduct mathematic operations, including the evaluation of algebraic statements.
Interested candidates should email their resume to Michelle Liggett at firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.