Medical Billing Specialist
If you are a professional, experienced, and looking for a permanent career opportunity with a growing company, than this opportunity is for you!
The Group Billing Representative is responsible for performing procedures associated with billing, premium distribution and account reconciliation. If you feel that you fit the qualifications for this role, you can email your resume to email@example.com.
- Process all invoices, statements and bills for client accounts as assigned.
- Review monthly billing reports for accuracy.
- Reconcile, process and enter carrier payment information.
- Ensure that all invoices pursuant to the billing cycle are mailed in accordance with practice guidelines.
- Generate and review accounts payable/receivable reports to ensure accuracy.
- Monitor all third parties billing, communicate with carriers and Account Representatives or Account Executives to expedite the collection process.
- Research, resolve and respond to customer/group account problems and discrepancies in a timely, accurate and professional manner.
- Document and maintain all procedures and processes for groups assigned to you.
- Report weekly progress or status of regular and special projects to the Supervisor and Manager.
- Maintain and organize all monthly group-billing folders.
- Reconciliation of General Ledger accounts to be performed on a monthly basis.
- All General Ledger discrepancies to be document and maintained in the appropriate Group Binder.
- Complete monthly carrier reconciliations.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Management.
Working hours: 8 AM - 5 PM
- Functional understanding of the billing process system.
- PC proficiency with Word, Excel, Outlook and Access.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong math, problem solving and analytical skills required.
- Must be able to follow directions, work with minimal supervision and interact with all departments and levels of management.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Professionalism and respect for co-workers at all times.
- Knowledge of Benefits Industry preferred.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to read, speak, and write effectively in English. Ability to interpret documents such as plan documents, memos, letters, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports, meeting notes, project documentation, and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before customers or employees of organization. Ability to effectively address or resolve customer service issues within guidelines of the position.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, and commissions.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized or non-standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance:
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.