A client of ours in the manufacturing industry located in Richmond KY is seeking a Japanese Translator. This position is a full-time direct hire opportunity and offers a competitive benefits and retirement package.
- Assist in effective communication between Associates that do not speak the English language by converting one spoken or written language to Japanese and vice versa.
- Facilitate various meetings to mediate discussions for Quality, Engineering, Production, upper Management and/or Human Resources.
- Attend the monthly TV conference to Japan. (Shifting schedule to accommodate)
- Translate various engineering, quality and manufacturing documents into/from Japanese and U.S. language; including but not limited to manuals, policies, training materials, trouble reports, TPM's or checklists.
- Relay concepts and ideas between languages.
- Edit and proofread text to accurately reflect language.
- Receive and submit assignments electronically.
- Use dictionaries and glossaries for reference.
- Employ computer-assisted translation.
- Read aloud documents in a language other than that in which they were written.
- Enters data into computer system using defined computer programs.
- Support Japanese staff regarding U.S. requirements; items include but not limited to driver's license, Social Security Administration, appointments and human resources requirements.
- Maintain confidentiality throughout the organization.
- Practice and Maintain COP activities
- Maintain internal and legal privacy rules when dealing with confidential and sensitive information through the course of their work.
- Responsible for knowing and following Company policies as directed by Associate Handbook and the Safety Rules and Regulations.
- May be required to handle additional projects as required
- Practices ethical and professional behavior when dealing with associates and outside vendors.
Working hours: 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must exhibit good organizational skills, good interpersonal skills, verbal and written communications skills.
- Extensive knowledge of computer software (Windows 2007, XP and Microsoft Office), computer hardware.
- Must have a bachelor's degree related to communications, Japanese language or other related field; and a minimum of 4 years' experience in a translation position.
- Requires 2+ years' experience of practical experience in a manufacturing setting (automotive a plus)
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.