Air Import Specialist
Air Import Specialist- I have a tremendous opportunity with a leader in freight forwarding in the Schaumburg area. Your day will be filled with challenges and excitement while collaborating with some of the best and brightest professionals in the transportation and logistics industry. You will be in a fast paced environment making important decisions.
My client is a giant in the industry with a stellar reputation and is looking to add Air Import Agents to their team. Sharpen your skills and experience with unbelievable opportunity to move up to explore your full potential. Work 35 hours a week and get paid for 40! My client also offers an exceptional benefits package that starts after 30 days of employment.
- Provide timely and excellent service to clients by being the clients' first point of contact for bookings, and informing clients of the status of their shipments.
- Prepare and process delivery orders and receipts. Process documents through in the system.
- Ensure that all country-specific and other government and security requirements are properly met and accounted for.
- Arrange, book, and confirm cargo space on vessels. Coordinate the ordering of cargo to port.
- Prepare and send booking advices to client
- Ensure that the global tracking system is updated with accurate and current information
- Identify, raise, and/or actively participate in process improvement opportunities/initiatives.
- Improve understanding and knowledge of the Company's Air Import System, both its basic and advanced features. Receive certification of competency in these areas.
$38,000-$50,000 depending on experience
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Use the Company-standard software for word processing and spreadsheets, etc., as applicable, to generate more elaborate reports, charts, and graphs.
- No less than six months experience in all activities related to logistics and freight forwarding services, including arranging transport and delivery of shipments, and other related functions.
- Effective verbal and email communication skills and past customer service experience is required, since work requires extensive phone and email contact with carriers and other parties concerning the Air Import process.
- High School
- Proficient with Microsoft office
- Good judgment and initiative
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Employs courteous and professional telephone and email communication skills
- Good listener
- A team player
- Must work well under pressure as a self-starter, handling multiple tasks
- Internally motivated, self-starter with ability to plan, organize and establish priorities to meet goals and achieve results.
- High Integrity
If you are up to the challenge and want to join a terrific team, email email@example.com right away!
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.