Our client, in the Manchester, NH areas is seeking an experienced Buyer/Planner. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of Buying/Planning experience in a manufacturing environment. You would work directly with production, materials and purchasing to ensure work orders sufficient to maintain the production forecasts.
* Create work orders for the plant needs, taking into account inventory levels, customer requirements and machine capacity to stay within the production forecast.
* Lead and coordinate daily production order reviews.
* Perform regular material coverage analysis to identify, prevent and resolve any material shortages.
* Daily use of ERP/MRP systems to provide schedule visibility and priority for production.
* Monitor production process to ensure that execution is occurring as planned.
* Drive actions to address and resolve aging orders and potential late issues.
* Develop and audit processes within production to streamline ERP transactions, minimize operator confusion, and reduce transaction errors.
* Analyze reports, measurements and external benchmarks to identify opportunities for continuous improvement in manufacturing areas.
* Create shop floor visibility of orders moving throughout manufacturing.
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
* 5+ years' experience in production planning in the manufacturing arena
* Must be able to manage multiple, complex tasks and deal easily with pressure on a day in and day out basis
* Established as experienced in effective material planning and resource system
* Experience in MRP
* Experienced negotiator in managing vendors and suppliers assuring best price, quality to specification and on-time delivery
* Understanding of appropriate product specifications
* APICS certification desirable.
For immediate consideration, please call Francis at 603/623-1181 or email email@example.com.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.