Pay Rate: $20.00 – $23.00 per hour, Temp to Permanent position
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm. Flexible after training.
Training Hours: Monday through Friday, 6:30am to 3:00pm
What you will be doing:
Under general supervision, the Legal Analyst maintains research, analysis and evaluation of bankruptcy accounts from the commencement of the bankruptcy case to discharge or dismissal.
This is a temp to permanent opportunity.
- Provide research and analysis in connection with newly filed bankruptcy cases to determine proposed treatment.
- Research and analyze bankruptcy Motions and Objections.
- Research and analyze total loss insurance claims.
- Research collateral value in order to determine to what extent creditor is secured.
- Receive and review bankruptcy court notices.
- Monitor bankruptcy cases for deviation from confirmed plan treatment of creditor.
- Receive, review and respond to correspondence from Trustees and debtor’s counsel.
- Field telephone calls from Trustees, Court personnel and debtor’s counsel.
- Monitor Trustee’s receipts and disbursements.
- Analyze dismissed or discharged cases for correct action on the account.
- Review and analyze legal basis for Trustee refund requests.
- Research and analyze Civil Judgment accounts involved in bankruptcy.
- Paralegal certificate from an ABA accredited program or Bachelor degree is required
- Prior consumer bankruptcy law experience is preferred.
- General knowledge of the Bankruptcy Code and Chapter 13 and Chapter 7 proceedings desired, through employment or coursed completed.
- Excellent writing and communication skills required.
- Must demonstrate effective organizational, communication, time-management and interpersonal skills and high attention to detail.
- Must be able to work independently and handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Must demonstrate ability to read and interpret legal documents and understand legal terminology.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Windows and Office, and internet research and should be familiar with PACER, NDC, and Lexis Nexis’ Accurint.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law. San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance: Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.