Systems Security Administrator
- Takes a contributory role coordinating troubleshooting initiatives, installations, implementations, administration, and maintenance of the security of the computer systems in a multi-platform environment, such as mainframe and distribution
- Works as part of the development team to maintain the security and regulatory compliance of systems architected, built, installed, and used by the company
- Researches, analyzes, and recommends the implementation of software or hardware changes to rectify any infrastructure security deficiencies or to enhance security performance
- Manages and maintains security systems, including firewalls, virus protection systems, Web filters, computer forensic systems and network, and host-based intrusion detection and prevention systems
- Audits and reports the enforcement of policies, procedures, and associated plans for system security administration and user-system access as defined by company standards
- Contributes to the design and implementation of the disaster recovery plans for security of the company-s computer systems, databases, networks, servers, and software applications
- Contributes to the creation of user access guidelines and processes
- Reviews and performs appropriate remediation based on virus activity
- Designs, implements, and reports on security system activity and performs end-user activity audits
- Monitors server logs, firewall logs, intrusion detection logs, and network traffic for unusual or suspicious activity, and makes recommendations based on those findings, or configures and maintains systems that so perform
- Recommends and classifies the severity of security fixes and patches, discovered vulnerabilities, disaster recovery procedures, and any other measures required in the event of a security breach
- Conducts research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of security enhancement and development efforts; tests new security software and/or technologies
- Ensures that planned testing activities are performed and technical criteria are met
- Monitors services provided by vendors to ensure that service levels meet requirements
- Analyzes infrastructure activity and problems to discover and prevent systematic errors; recommends network design changes/enhancements for improved systems availability and performance
- Investigates the adherence of associates, employees, vendors, and contractors to the appropriate section of the Information Security Policy and recommends appropriate sanctions for violation
- Plans and monitors the installation of distributed infrastructure systems
- Performs other related duties as required
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Action Oriented: Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; is not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunity than others.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; drives to resolution of customer issues; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Adaptability: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; can multi-task, handle multiple objectives; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Listening: Practices attentive and active listening with colleagues and customers; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
- Ethics and Values: Adheres to an appropriate (for the setting) and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he/she preaches.
- Integrity and Trust: Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn't misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
??? Business Acumen: Knows how businesses work; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, and information affecting his/her business and organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
??? Functional/Technical: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
??? Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
??? Planning: Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results.
??? Problem Solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.
??? Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.