Senior Appium Automation Engineer
Senior Appium Automation Engineer
Randstad Sourceright, in collaboration with one of the world's leading manufacturers of audio technology, is seeking a Senior Appium Automation Engineer who will be responsible for validation of the quality, performance, resiliency, and security of Bose's mobile applications, which enable customer experiences across our devices (speakers, headsets, and home theatre), leveraging cloud partners such as music services, and voice personal assistants. Duties include designing test strategies for automation, and test planning, implementation, execution, and reporting.
The successful candidate will have significant automation test experience in large-scale distributed systems, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills required to partner with product development teams, system architects, and stakeholders across the business.
- Integrate and extend Appium framework for Mobile Application testing
- Design and develop Appium automation test suites to test Bose mobile applications
- Coordinate with broader Quality Assurance teams across the Software and System Group
- Integrate with Cloud, Product and End to End Engineering teams
- Understand frameworks, approaches, and test strategies used by peer teams; leverage, extend, and share wherever possible
- Hands-on involvement in all phases of product development, including planning, design, implementation, and execution of manual and automated tests, defect logging and verification, and reporting results
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Extensive experience (5+ years) build automation frameworks for both mobile and web applications, utilizing WebDriver based infrastructures (Appium and Selenium, respectively).
- Extensive experience (5+ years) with programming/scripting in Python
- Knowledge of mobile application development (either Android or iOS, but preferably both)
- Experience with bug-tracking software and Agile tools such as JIRA
- Experience with API testing techniques
- Ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) to interface with other SQA teams, development, UX, and product management
- Development experience with git and github.
- Continuous integration platforms (Hudson/Jenkins/Bamboo) in conjunction with automated artifact deployment and testing.
- Exposure to development and automation for cloud-based microservices
- Container-based development environments (Docker, Rocket, etc)
- Knowledge of common networking protocols used in a home LAN environment (TCP/IP, DHCP, UPnP, SSDP, etc.)
- Experience with compiling and displaying testing results is a plus
- Understanding and use of APIs in large-scale distributed systems a plus
- Experience with RESTful web services and the JSON data format a plus
- Familiarity with cloud-connected hardware preferred
- Familiarity with Bluetooth or BLE
Location: Framingham, MA and Boston, MA
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.