Mechanical Design Engineer
Randstad is seeking a Mechnical Design Engineer in Danbury, CA for a contract assignment at one of its biotechnology clients. This client is a leading developer, manufacturer, and supplier of premium molecular diagnostic products and services that are used to diagnose human diseases, screen donated human blood, and aid in biomedical research. You will work in an atmosphere that is stimulating, innovative, and customer focused.
Working in the Sustaining Engineering Department, the Mechanical Engineer will be designing and developing complex electro mechanical devices and systems for mammography, breast biopsy, and specimen radiography products.
- Work on product sustaining projects, which involve replacement or redesign for obsolete components, product improvement features, cost reduction, manufacturing support, and field complaints
- Design for multiple fabrication and material methods; e.g. injection molding, aluminum castings, machined parts, and sheet metal
- Provides tolerances studies, apply GD&T, stress analysis studies, develops reliability testing procedures and test fixtures and generates appropriate design verification reports
- Prepares assembly or product layout and detailed drawings
- Participates in the manufacture or building of prototype product or system
- Position will use SolidWorks for modeling parts, assemblies, and drawings. Will use SolidWorks EPDM for CAD data management. Will use an electronic product data management systems (AGILE preferred) for
engineering change management
- Confers with project managers, engineers and research personnel to clarify and resolve problems and develop designs
- Participates in scheduled department meetings to report progress of overall project or portion of project and required to prepare and give design presentations
- Analyzes test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications
- Monitors progress and status of all assigned projects and reports progress and problems to management on a timely basis
- Ensure that design implementation, test and maintenance methods/processes are developed as well as executed in a manner, which supports all company quality standards
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Prior experience working on medical device products is highly preferred.
- Extensive experience using SolidWorks
- Able to use Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Bachelor???s or Master???s degree in Mechanical Engineer or other applicable engineering discipline
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.