Financial Crimes Investigator
The Global Financial Crimes Compliance Investigator performs end-to-end investigations or investigations support functions of external financial crimes activities across one or more lines of business relevant to the Investigators specific area of responsibility. In the investigative role, the Investigator conducts routine to complex investigations, including elder abuse, fraud committed by external parties, money laundering, or terrorist financing and acts as the liaison to Law Enforcement as required.
Responsibilities for this role include completing investigations while ensuring cases meet or exceed closure and quality metrics, reporting facts of the investigation to assist in identifying potential operational or compliance risks, and completing Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR) in a timely and accurate manner for submission to regulators and/or law enforcement. This role may partner with GFCC Risk Management, front line units or other stakeholders to resolve investigations. In an investigative support role, the Investigator may be called upon to perform quality control functions, training, communications, guidance, monitoring scenario development/enhancement input and testing, or law enforcement liaison responsibilities. This role may have Money Laundering Reporting Officer responsibilities.
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Previous financial crimes investigative experience including interviewing suspects and witnesses, gathering evidentiary information and report writing skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Knowledge and skill with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Requires a detail oriented, independent thinker with the ability to work on multiple tasks.
1) CFE, CFCI, and/or CAMS certifications preferred
2) Previous experience with Financial Crimes Investigation preferred
3) Previous experience with SAR preparation preferred
4) Degree in banking or law enforcement related areas (Finance, Accounting, Criminal Justice, etc.) preferred
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance:
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.