Administrative Assistant Intermediate level
Our client in the Conshohocken, PA area is seeking an Administrative Assistant to support the Purchasing Department. This is a contract position for 3 months, but could go on longer as well as temp to hire for the right candidate. The pay rate will be based upon skills and qualifications ranging from $15 to $17 per hour.
The Purchasing Administrator (PA) works with other buyers in the purchasing department to help manage a number of buylines and vendors. The PA purchases products in stable buylines and may be partnered with a designated senior buyer. The PA improves efficiency and responsiveness of the overall department by consolidating, expediting and performing specific tasks to streamline department responsibilities.
1. Manages assigned buylines by placing purchase orders and updating pricing, product data and vendor information
2. Monitors and responds to situations that may affect product availability for our customers.
- Monitors product service level reports and enters transfers between branches to balance inventory.
- Contacts vendors with overdue purchase orders or backorders
- Expedites existing purchase orders if sudden shortages occur
- Responds to lost sales job queues requesting additional stock of stock status products
- Updates PO information in system
- Informs appropriate personnel of important changes in product or PO status
3. Collects and reports performance and process metrics on inventory and vendor performance
4. Assists in updating product and vendor data including pricing
5. Assists in distributing product information (brochures, prices sheets) to branches and sales force.
6. Responds to requests for vendor information such as price and availability (routine products only)
7. Redirects issues to other buyers as appropriate
8. Provides administrative support in projects such as catalog or surplus reduction
9. Invests time to increase product knowledge
10. Processes EBAY sales orders and weekly reconciliations
11. Assists in the vendor returns process
Working hours: 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM
-- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience
--Verbal and written communication
--Accuracy/ Attention to detail
--Computer competencies including Word, Excel, Outlook
--Customer service orientation
If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity please apply directly to this posting.
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.