The San Jose division of reputable robotics manufacturing company is looking for a junior buyer. They would like to add an additional buyer for a recent project that lasts 60 days.. This is a contract position, however, there is opportunity to be taken on as a full time employee.
- Review MRP for assigned commodities
- Review purchase requisitions and reports and verify and confirm the purchase orders
- Review supplier quotes and ensure accuracy and timeliness
- Contact suppliers and vendors to order supplies and update delivery schedules
- Respond to invoice discrepancies and correct as necessary
- Review materials usage to forecast and plan accordingly
- Communicate with original order requestors statuses, pricing, etc.
- Monitor inventory levels in order to replenish stock when needed
- Support the purchasing manager with additional ad hoc buying responsibilities
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- 2+ years of buying, purchasing, or expediting experience required
- Previous experience with planning preferred
- Experience working in a manufacturing setting required
- Ability to effectively negotiate with vendors
- Excellent problem solving skills including extensive follow through
- Extremely detail oriented
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal with a variety of departments and individuals
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Contract role 60 days, with potential for conversion
- Monday-Friday 9:00am - 6:00pm
- $20 - $25/hr
For immediate consideration please apply TODAY. Please submit your resume to Desiree Wion at firstname.lastname@example.org
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance:
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.