The Export Specialist is responsible for performing the administrative tasks involved in export transactions. Provides export documentation, assures compliance with the export regulations, works with the international freight forwarders to assure timely handling of export shipments, provides pre-alerts and updates to customers, works to resolve export issues. Prepares export freight quotes. Expedites critical export shipments as required. Assures compliance with Letter of Credit requirements. Provides general information to company personnel regarding company export procedures and policies. Responsibilities include daily coordinating, shipping and monitoring to meet critical deadlines of all export shipments. Provides export shipment training to Traffic personnel.
- Maintain currency of, and adhere to applicable GMP and ISO 9001 processes and procedures. Abide by state and federal employment laws.
- Provide and audit all export documentation, including but not limited to SLI, Commercial Invoices, Packing Lists, Country of Origin Certificates, Manufacturing Quality Certificates.
- Assure that the documentation for Letter of Credit orders complies with the L/C requirements. Work with the L/C advising company to assure timely submission of banking documents and receipt of payment.
- Maintain compliance when shipping hazardous material (chemicals and paint).
- Monitoring and tracing of export shipments.
- Schedule pickup requests with int'l forwarders to meet customer delivery date.
- Coordinate with int'l freight forwarders, internal and external customers to resolve export issues.
- Work directly with international freight forwarders and shippers to reschedule shipments as a result of customer push-outs and shipment delays due to internal changes.
- Create, review and update export work instructions and procedures. Assure that all export logistics and int'l trade compliance requirements are addressed.
- Provides training to lower level employees on export documentation creation, use of courier online tools (FedEx, UPS, DHL), compliance with the U.S. Export Regulations
- Provides reports, metrics and documentation relating export shipments.
Working hours: 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Good customer service skills. Includes ability to communicate/problem resolve with overseas vendors and customers
- Experience with ERP systems. Experience with SAP a plus
- Ability to determine and establish daily and weekly export priorities. Ability to take initiative and make sound business decisions.
- Ability to read and interpret bills of material, IOF (Internal Order Forms), freight bookings for export shipments, Letters of Credit, export documentation
- Experience in FDA regulated environment preferred
- Experience in high tech (computer) environment preferred
- P.C. skills with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint; Lotus Notes
- Ability to operate phones, faxes
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- High School diploma or equivalent; history of business courses, AA degree or better, preferred.
- Five to ten (5 - 10) years previous int???l trade or int???l customer service experience.
- Intermediate to advanced reading, writing and math skills (equivalent to those acquired through an AA degree preferred)
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law. San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance: Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.