Accounts Payable Specialist
As a member of the Accounting team, the Accounts Payable Specialist will join a team responsible providing support to the cooperative and its members by ensuring accurate and timely payment of invoices, reconciling vendor statements, and providing exceptional customer service.
- Accounts payable processing: gathering and matching purchase orders, packing slips, invoices, coding to accounts, data entry, and weekly check run.
- Scan, route, and index A/P invoices and back-up documentation.
- Prepare back-up for journal entries pertaining to accounts payable and accruals of necessary expenses.
- Ensure accounts payable invoices are paid in a timely manner.
- Ensure A/P accounts are current by following up on any statement discrepancies.
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Proven competency using a variety of personal computer software applications to perform accounting functions.
- Proficient in use of Excel and Word.
- Ability to incorporate critical thinking practices into daily work flow
- Working knowledge of general office practices and procedures
- Good Communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to organize and prioritize duties to meet deadlines.
- Ability to process detailed data in an accurate manner
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to operate a variety of standard business/office machines
- Associate or Bachelor's Degree in accounting strongly preferred.
- Strong understanding of Accounting Principles and GAAP
- Must be highly skilled in use and creation of Excel Spreadsheets.
- Experience with Microsoft products and QuickBooks.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume to email@example.com
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.