Administrative Assistant Advanced Level
The Administrative Assistant, based in Portland, OR, supports environment staff in the United States and internationally. This position may be assigned to support one or two specific projects and directors initially, but those assignments may change as needed as environment's projects constantly evolve. Responsibilities include supporting staff by proofreading documents, preparing mailings, maintaining databases, scheduling and preparing meetings, managing expense reimbursements, and coordinating travel.
The Administrative Assistant may participate in regular project meetings and is encouraged to develop a general understanding Pew's environment work. The successful candidate will need to be experienced in such a role and be able to demonstrate a high degree of independence and initiative in delivering organizational elements of the role.
Provide administrative support to project directors and staff to include calendar management and meeting planning.
??? Handle key administrative functions for project staff including: proofreading and revising documents; coordinating and preparing physical and electronic mailings; updating and maintaining databases; answering telephone calls; scheduling and preparing for meetings; copying; faxing; filing; and word processing.
??? Assist with the preparation of briefing books and other materials.
??? Help prepare for and submit payment expense reports, invoices, and credit card coding reports. Track payments, as requested.
??? Handle travel arrangements for program activities and assist, as needed, with staff and third party travel reservations and planning.
??? Assist with research online and/or liaise with the library staff.
??? Contribute to and participate in tasks and special projects as requested.
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
A minimum of five years of administrative experience in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- High school diploma required; college degree preferred.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills; ability to handle several projects at different stages simultaneously and a strong capacity to track details are required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (including proofreading) and the ability to express oneself concisely and clearly using correct grammar.
- Attention to detail without losing sight of the bigger picture, conscientious approach to work and ability to anticipate needs and be proactive. Monitors and double-checks work and information for accuracy and quality.
- A very good command of English language.
- Flexibility to work as part of a team or independently to meet goals. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Sound judgment and discretion in handling confidential information, as well as the ability to conduct oneself in a courteous and highly professional manner. Makes decisions or choices wisely, after adequately contemplating various courses of action and their potential repercussions.
- Ability to understand organizational structure and work through administrative systems and processes. Asks appropriate questions to facilitate work being completed.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of products and electronic calendar systems is required. Ability to quickly learn software.
Please send your resume to email@example.com
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.